Words to Live by….
Today will be great if…
- We can wake up really early, move fast to make it to our Calauit adventure.
- We will enjoy the adventure with the wildlife plus some more.
- I can withdraw money and treat my friends to dinner.
State of mind ….
- When superstars and cannonballs are running through your head
And television freak show cops and robbers everywhere
Subway makes me nervous people pushing me too far
I’ve got to break away
So take my hand now
Cause I want to live like animals
Careless and free like animals
I want to live
I want to run through the jungle
With wind in my hair and the sand at my feet
I’ve been having difficulties keeping to myself
Feelings and emotions better left up on the shelf
Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie
Which one is more human
There’s a thought, now you decide
Compassion in the jungle
Compassion in your hands, yeah
Would you like to make a run for it
Would you like to take my hand, yeah
Sometimes this life can get you down
It’s so confusing
There’s so…. The Animal Song by Savage Garden
- Day 3 Itinerary: Safari adventure
Today was simply amazing because …..
- We did it… got everyone ready at the appointed time.
- The Calauit adventure was a real treat despite the heat.
- I got a chance to talk to Sam, a tour guide, and explain to him animal welfare after I admonished him from waking a wild boar, a nocturnal animal, from sleep. He told me some visitors would like that the animals are roused from sleep.
- We had a relaxing breakfast and lunch at the home of one of the providers of the travel agency.
- We met the kind dog Winston and her friends whom we fed with coconut meat while relaxing at Ocam Ocam beach. My heart ache as Winston ran after us when we left.
- We had one fun, cool time wading in the refreshing water of Concepcion Falls and it was worth all the sweat and pain.
- We had one quiet time at Malbato Church.
- The time with the ostriches was entertaining.
- We got it right again as we had a nice dinner at Carl’s BBQ.
- We were given a more comfortable van, we could have been more relaxed and rested during the travel.
- The Ocam Ocam Beach floor is cleared of vegetation, it could have been a more pleasant experience.
- The trek to the falls wasn’t that tough, we wouldn’t be so exhausted when we reach the fall that thinking about returning wasn’t such a pleasant thought.
- I withdraw money before dinner, that could have been my treat.
- We were not so tired from all the adventure, we could have walked to the resto so I could have withdrawn from a bank along the way.
- Edu for being attentive to our needs.
- Sam for his gentle spirit and being a willing learner… I hope I have inspired him on treating animals the right way and dealing with persistent visitors.
- The fulfilling, albeit tiring, tour that concludes this most amazing adventure.