Words to Live by….
Today will be great if…
- The trip to Jiufen will be memorable to OS and MN.
- We can take the most economical route to Jiufen.
- There will be no more aching feet.
- We can go to Ximendeng.
State of mind ….
- You and I have traveled life’s uncharted courses
We’ve been tossed around at many times on dark and stormy seas
But now the clouds are parting and the sun is shining through
It feels so good to know… you’re here with me,. Good Times by Bobbi Humprey
- Cultural immersion
- Foodie adventure.
Today was simply amazing because …..
- Our host N… showed us the best way to go to Jiufen from our apartment which is close to the train station for the train headed to Riufang, the gateway to Jiufen and other beautiful destinations in Northern Taiwan.
- I had a deja vu feeling returning to Jiufen.
- We had lunch and sought refuge in one of the traditional restos in Jiufen where we had more xiao long bao.
- MN felt better after resting at the apartment and we were able to go to Ximending.
- Getting out of the Ximending station, we were behind a mannequin like most likely transgender whose behind are visible under the sheerest blue gown she is wearing and whose breast are overflowing from the same low cut gown which amused me and a whole lot of people 🙂 I am shallow but it was fun taking pictures of her which she also enjoyed, I guess. She seemed to go there to be looked at :).
- We found the mall that MB sent to MN where we can buy his model kit through our resourcefulness 🙂
- MN and surely MB were so pleased we found and bought the model kit MB wants.
- The toilet at Jiufen was cleaner and had better facilities and there were more, it would make the place more apt for tourism.
- I had time to read more food blogs, I would know where to go.
- MN wasn’t feeling bad, he could have enjoyed Jiufen more and we could have headed straight to Ximendeng.
- The food vendors at Ximending were a little more hospitable and guiding to tourists, it wouldn’t be stressful buying their goods.
- Pichu didn’t have to cross the rainbow bridge while I was away, I wouldn’t have to shed tears for one lovable pooch at an inopportune time.
- The free food at Jiufen.
- MN got well after resting.
- Covering all the planned destinations in our itinerary with one more day to spare for optional destinations..
- Being in the apartment which feels like our refuge.