29 October 2016
Words to Live by….
Keep good memories to go back to on those times when one is hanging on a thin rope ….
Today will be great if…
- My brother R and MN will be early so that we can leave for the cemetery early …
- Traffic will not be bad.
- The cemetery will still be not congested…
State of mind ….
- Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, And days o’ lang syne! Kenny G’s cover of Auld Lang Syne (The Millenium Mix)
- Max’s fried chicken
Today was simply amazing because …..
- We made it to my Daddy and Mom’s resting place. It always feels peaceful being there.
- Our time with my late half brother turned comical. First, my brother and I couldn’t light the candles until our lighter ran out. Some visitors who have been observing us generously gave us their lighter as my brother attempted to light our candles with a lit candle from a nearby grave. Candles couldn’t stay lit because of the wind. After several attempts to light the candles which kept being blown by the wind, their lighter ran out too. My brother returned it and they again gave us 2 plastic cups. My brother lit the candles from the lit candle from the nearby grave. One of the candles lost its wick. He placed the lit candle in the plastic cup which wouldn’t go down right. Soon, it burned the plastic cup. We were both laughing by this time. I suggested he put the unlit candle first and then put the lit candle on top. Somehow, it worked. After our prayers, we decided to leave and go back to our parents grave and escape from further bungling 😀
- We were supposed to go to a cousin’s birthday party but didn’t make it because of the horrendous traffic. MD told me there was a shooting at ATC last night. The area where it happened might have been where we will be passing going to the party venue….. thanks to divine providence 🙂
- The unexpected dinner we had since we didn’t make it to my cousin’s party. The place is a good discovery on those times we want to eat out and don’t have much money 🙂
- I wake up early, I can still do some chores ….
- My brother and family came earlier, the time allowance would have been better.
- The traffic wasn’t so bad, we could have spend more time bonding at the cemetery and made it to my cousin’s birthday party.
Grateful for …..
- The time to bond with family on rare times like this.
- The time we got stalled at A. Bonifacio and my brother bought still hot mamon and hopia from the popular Echague Bakery. We had something delicious as we tread likem snail through the traffic jam at the intersection of A. Bonifacio and Araneta Ave.
- Finally being home after driving for maybe 5 hours in bad traffic… time to rest ….zzzzzz
This entry was posted in Daily Cup
, October 2016
. Bookmark the permalink