Words to Live by….
When things are easy, the tough goes …..
Today will be great if…..
- I won’t be late…. I’m a bit tired from the rush of adrenaline yesterday.
- I can have a staff meeting and still accomplish what needs to be done.
- I can go home early.
State of mind ….
- So early in the day and stress set in 😦
Today was simply amazing because …..
- I look good in my outfit 🙂 even with my feet suffering from breaking in a new pair of boots.
- I got to wing out the project that threatened to be delayed because of the bureaucratic tendencies and lack of knowledge (I suspect) of some of admin staff handling procurement. I had to show exasperation, though. I wasn’t quite very right with all my words but at least I was able to tell her that we didn’t want them to shortcut the process like what they are assuming. I wonder why procurement people have to be suspicious as a matter of policy.
- I didn’t get stuck in Makati because of fast thinking.
- I could turn back the hands of time, I could have left the house 10 minutes early.
- I could have been more patient, kept my emotions in check and thinking well, I could have chose my words with that staff handling our project. I should not have stooped to her level.
- I would have not broke in that new pair of boots that appeared like a good buy when I purchased it. Well, it wasn’t made for long-distance walking 😦
- I would have brought an umbrella going to that meeting after office hours at the Boss’s office two blocks away. It was raining when we finished and my bosses and colleague went home straight. I tried to wait for the rain to stop but got impatient and brave the rains when it eased up a bit.
Grateful for …..
- Arriving in the office on the dot…whew…
- Taking that ride in the p2p bus even if I was standing. There was a kilometer long line and after about 15 minutes of waiting, a bus came. I was at the end of the line, maybe would be accommodated in the 4th or 5th bus. The dispatcher asked if some would like to be standing to join this bus. I made a split second decision to ride already. I passed by a neighbor who was ahead of me at the line and told her I’m standing. She also joined me. Well, my feet hurt. But just the same, we’d still be standing so might as well stand up and make progress in going home. To our relief and good grace, we would see a traffic jam as soon as we go up the Skyway ramp from Pasay Road extending to just before Sucat interchange… Are we lucky to have taken that ride. Traffic was light going to Alabang. I wonder what time those who were left went home.
- Being safely tucked in bed on this rainy evening after a rather loooong day.