Words to Live by….
Heroes are ordinary people doing great in whatever they do.
Today will be great if…..
- The light traffic streak continues and the weather cooperates for a nice leisurely morning walk.
- There are no interruptions so that the work gets done.
- The weather is pleasant.
State of mind ….
- Barely Out of Tuesday
Today was simply amazing because …..
- For the free wifi courtesy of someone in the p2p bus (the bus which looks new doesn’t seem to have a wifi), I came across a most incredible story of a man’s kindness and a dog’s love and loyalty which happily had a fairy tale ending… my kind of story. I kept on tearing up as I keep on digging this story. Stop it, Arthur. Hope you live a long happy life 🙂 I had done my own share of rescues … I think to my Marie, Antoinette and one yet to be named feline (rescued just last week after the fellow crossed my path to take refuge under our parked car while I was about to ride my Uber car going to the airport. My helpers always ready to rescue looked at me with bated breath as I surrendered and gave the go signal to take the poor kitty ), my abled help M, R and K, and me are heroes:)
- My good boss shyly approached me for additional work he wants me to do…. Initially, I felt this boss, new in his job, probably thought less of me, since the old boss (OB), an OIC, and a staff under me who has closeness to this old boss because of a special affinity, gave not so nice remarks about me to the new boss. That staff actually was proposed to taken out from my division and be supervised directly by OB which I readily agreed to since I cannot rely on her. That was my feeling for some time but I continue to do as directed … and in fairness the new boss is by nature kind, soft-spoken, gracious and not intimidating, a complete opposite of OB (get the antonyms of all the adjectives I gave and that describes him. I still owe him this job so I am not about to collide with him head on). Little by little, I feel he is warming up to me and I seem to be gaining his confidence judging from how he makes things happen for my division and how he taps me for certain jobs. It is rare to find a good boss like the one I have now and I hope that he doesn’t get kick out with the President’s latest directives on presidential appointees.
- My fave p2p driver brought me home and was his usual playful self with everyone which makes a ride with him pleasant. It’s been a while since I took a ride with him.
- I could turn back the hands of time, I would further improve on my leave home time so I don’t have to be honking my way to the bus terminal.
- I were a pair of shoes, I would be a low cut, low thick heeled boots.
- I thought about it earlier, I would have asked J to buy me some salted egg with tomato to go with my danggit for lunch…. the squash moringa combo in cococnut milk is not so bad though
Grateful for …..
- The trust in doing a job.
- Finishing what needed to be done even with some interruptions.
- Being home earlier than usual.
N.B.: I’m having a bit of a difficulty with the If I could turn back the hand….. segment, so from hereon allow me a little flexibility as I cut it to just If…. This should also make the entries more interesting and apt for a variety of my many moods and interest.