Words to Live By
Remember to give our dead-tired body the rest it deserves on Saturday and twice on a Sunday as the Lord has sayeth
Today will be great if…..
- I can do all house and dog chores.
- We can find a way to get M’s brother without sending M to a 6-hour journey.
- The rains will stop so we can give the dogs their due baths.
State of mind ….
- Have to think clearly.
- Relax mode too
- Sleep, sleep, sleep…..
Today was simply amazing because …..
- I got up to an early start… dog chores; changed linens; back to dog chores… got some back up in the afternoon…. and went to the salon around 6:00 pm with ED hitching to go to the bus station.
- Hershey and I had a bonding moment because I bathe her and Sophie and they seem to be more at ease with me bathing them.
- Happy for MD for the extra day at home tomorrow….. it’s not even raining where we are… hmmmm
If I could turn back the hands of time……
- I would have changed the linens the other week.
- I would have shopped for something at H&M for MD.
- I could have called personnel earlier to ask them to process what is due me.
Grateful for …..
- Being complete this weekend ….. when most weekends we’re not and most probably this will become rare when MD also becomes immersed in the call of duty.
- The time spent caring for the dogs knowing they miss me for most of the week…. I intentionally get involved in feeding them and giving healthy stuff and treats on weekends.
- The time to myself…. oftentimes, we forget about ourselves as we lose ourselves in our daily activities…. I forgot how it feels like to have comfort and just relax.
- The head massage and upper back kneading by my wonderful substitute hair stylist made me want to doze off….
- My not being accommodated by the Index manicurist turned to be a blessing in disguise…. I discovered this cozy day and nail salon as I was going home. It was late and I thought I’d give up on the nails but since the salon was still open, I made a quick stop. There were 2 patrons already paying and I though I wouldn’t be accommodated but I was 😉 Two nice ladies did my nails superbly and were finished in no time. I discovered they have other services. I was also given a loyalty card 🙂